9/3/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Thys Paine
Class
BKIC
Morning everyone!

I've recently got into competitive karting having been a motorsports fan for most of my life.

Currently I am competing in a club event in Bournemouth and have plans to enter the BIKC later in the year.

My friend and I have started a YouTube channel to capture our journey into competitive karting:

If anyone has any advice, hints, tips, good practice/etiquette to follow please let me know.

Also if you have any feedback on our channel let us know :)

Thanks!

Reactions: Keys and Adam
Morning everyone!

I've recently got into competitive karting having been a motorsports fan for most of my life.

Currently I am competing in a club event in Bournemouth and have plans to enter the BIKC later in the year.

My friend and I have started a YouTube channel to capture our journey into competitive karting:

If anyone has any advice, hints, tips, good practice/etiquette to follow please let me know.

Also if you have any feedback on our channel let us know :)

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum @Raver ! I like the channel, keep up the good work!

The best advice I can give is stick at it. The more track time you get, the quicker and more confident you will become. Be patient, pick your moves wisely, a kart and driver finishing in any position is better than a kart and driver with a dnf. Consistency is key! Outdoor arrive and drive tracks would be a better experience than indoor, in my opinion.

You'll find @TheNoobKarter does some great videos and tutorials. You'll find our tutorial section here with various stuff including his videos (Also check his YouTube Channel!). And you'll also see we have a Driver Promotions section here, which unlocks after you have 5 posts. You can use the Driver Promotions feature to create a personal journey and/or CV, ask and offer for prospected deals to sponsors etc. Check out some of the other guys Promotions, there is some good stuff in there!

Keep up the good work and thanks for getting involved. I look forward to more videos etc :cool: (y)

Thanks Adam,

I compete at an outdoor A&D club series and will also be entering an indoor championship as well.

The current plan is to see how we do in these smaller series first and then maybe go up to Club100 next year and see how we get on in a bigger series.

After that who knows...

Maybe I'll have to buy a go kart :D

Reactions: Adam
Thanks Adam,

I compete at an outdoor A&D club series and will also be entering an indoor championship as well.

The current plan is to see how we do in these smaller series first and then maybe go up to Club100 next year and see how we get on in a bigger series.

After that who knows...

Maybe I'll have to buy a go kart :D

Good good, keep at it! Club100 is great, very very good series from what I have seen. For sure well worth looking into!

Buy your own Kart is surly most people end goal, but don't rush into it. Track time is key and then progress when you are ready (y) :cool:

Media Partners

(Selected at random)