Current Class
Beginner
Karting Level
N.a
Team
Jenson Fathers Racing
Young Driver
Jenson Fathers
Hi guys we currently have this CRG running a 4stroke Honda 35 engine can anybody tell me what year it is.

I'm considering getting a comer50 engine for it but I'm not sure weather it's worth it or just getting another kart with a c50 equipped??

Much advice needed thank you

20190922_104715.jpg

20190922_104749.jpg

Adam

KartingForum.co.uk Admin
Administrator
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Driver Joined
28/11/19

Name
J Adam Pell
Current Class
Senior Rotax - 177
Karting Level
Club
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Young Driver
Sky
Young Driver Class
Bambino (Soon)
You'll find a Chassis tag on it which should state the year somewhere, or at least a serial corresponding to the year.

If you're Kent based Adam, then you'll find Bayford etc will run C50's in the Bambino class. If you want to run some club races etc just double check the chassis once equipped with a C50 is to regs. The club races are run to comply with Motorsport UK regulations (MSA). You'll find the latest 2020 Gold Book (.PDF) here, skip to page 7.

I do belive however the minimum free practice age at Bayford is 5 and race age is 6. However, please double check that as I could be wrong!

Adam Fathers

100 RPM
Premium Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Driver Joined
5/1/20

Name
Adam Fathers
Current Class
Beginner
Karting Level
N.a
Team
Jenson Fathers Racing
Young Driver
Jenson Fathers
You'll find a Chassis tag on it which should state the year somewhere, or at least a serial corresponding to the year.

If you're Kent based Adam, then you'll find Bayford etc will run C50's in the Bambino class. If you want to run some club races etc just double check the chassis once equipped with a C50 is to regs. The club races are run to comply with Motorsport UK regulations (MSA). You'll find the latest 2020 Gold Book (.PDF) here, skip to page 7.

I do belive however the minimum free practice age at Bayford is 5 and race age is 6. However, please double check that as I could be wrong!
Yes we took a trip down to Bayford some time last year just for a nose around and get the vibe of a test day.

I'll have to have a good check over the chasis I don't recall seeing anything when I looked before. Will see tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice!! 😉

Adam

KartingForum.co.uk Admin
Administrator
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Driver Joined
28/11/19

Name
J Adam Pell
Current Class
Senior Rotax - 177
Karting Level
Club
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Young Driver
Sky
Young Driver Class
Bambino (Soon)
Yes we took a trip down to Bayford some time last year just for a nose around and get the vibe of a test day.

I'll have to have a good check over the chasis I don't recall seeing anything when I looked before. Will see tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice!! 😉
No probs fella, post back your findings!

I will be down at Bayford as some point soon this year to have a nose at a few meetings. Always a great crack down there, most people are always more than willing to help and advise if you pop round and chat. Bambino scene is always a friendly one between all the Dad's from what I have seen.

Off topic: Hope to be back in the seat spring time doing some testing at Bayford and Lydd in a Senior Rotax, more than welcome to tag along and have a nose! Big learning curve for me, been out the seat awhile 🥴

Top Bottom