What CRG do I have??

• Grab 10% discount or free shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk members. See Trade Promotions!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a member - it's FREE!

Find out more about membership - HERE!

See you trackside...

Adam Fathers

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
5/1/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Adam Fathers
Class
Beginner
Team
Jenson Fathers Racing
Young Driver
Jenson Fathers
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Hi guys we currently have this CRG running a 4stroke Honda 35 engine can anybody tell me what year it is.

I'm considering getting a comer50 engine for it but I'm not sure weather it's worth it or just getting another kart with a c50 equipped??

Much advice needed thank you

20190922_104715.jpg

20190922_104749.jpg

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
J 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
You'll find a Chassis tag on it which should state the year somewhere, or at least a serial corresponding to the year.

If you're Kent based Adam, then you'll find Bayford etc will run C50's in the Bambino class. If you want to run some club races etc just double check the chassis once equipped with a C50 is to regs. The club races are run to comply with Motorsport UK regulations (MSA). You'll find the latest 2020 Gold Book (.PDF) here, skip to page 7.

I do belive however the minimum free practice age at Bayford is 5 and race age is 6. However, please double check that as I could be wrong!

Reactions: Adam Fathers

Adam Fathers

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
5/1/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Adam Fathers
Class
Beginner
Team
Jenson Fathers Racing
Young Driver
Jenson Fathers
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
You'll find a Chassis tag on it which should state the year somewhere, or at least a serial corresponding to the year.

If you're Kent based Adam, then you'll find Bayford etc will run C50's in the Bambino class. If you want to run some club races etc just double check the chassis once equipped with a C50 is to regs. The club races are run to comply with Motorsport UK regulations (MSA). You'll find the latest 2020 Gold Book (.PDF) here, skip to page 7.

I do belive however the minimum free practice age at Bayford is 5 and race age is 6. However, please double check that as I could be wrong!

Yes we took a trip down to Bayford some time last year just for a nose around and get the vibe of a test day.

I'll have to have a good check over the chasis I don't recall seeing anything when I looked before. Will see tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice!! 😉

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
J 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Yes we took a trip down to Bayford some time last year just for a nose around and get the vibe of a test day.

I'll have to have a good check over the chasis I don't recall seeing anything when I looked before. Will see tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice!! 😉

No probs fella, post back your findings!

I will be down at Bayford as some point soon this year to have a nose at a few meetings. Always a great crack down there, most people are always more than willing to help and advise if you pop round and chat. Bambino scene is always a friendly one between all the Dad's from what I have seen.

Off topic: Hope to be back in the seat spring time doing some testing at Bayford and Lydd in a Senior Rotax, more than welcome to tag along and have a nose! Big learning curve for me, been out the seat awhile 🥴

Wolemid

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
17/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Look on the Axle Bearing hanger. That is where all Kart details are kept

Trade Booth