General Travel

• Everybody is welcome to some FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
  • Grab 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a member - it's FREE!

To remove these ads please Login. Our members browse ad free!

Claudia.Bushby_23

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
5/1/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Claudia Bushby
Skill Level
Novice
Class
Ok Junior
Chassis
Kosmic
Team
Kato Motorsport
Instagram
View
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering what I should do about travelling to a race weekend that is 5 or something like that away. Should I stay in a hotel or something else? Just looking for suggestions.
Many thanks

Seanl

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
I'm on this at the moment too. How do you transport your Kart?
There are certainly benefits to hotel rooms but it depends on your budget and your circumstances really.
I'm going converted van route I think.
All circuits that host national events have shower facilities, and to get myself and my son with the kart as well (and possibly wife and daughter on occasion), to further afield places this makes the most sense. On the occasion that the wife and daughter come I expect to stay in a hotel, but just me and the boy means I can convert the van, (L2 or 3 H1 is probably what I'll go for). This means I can use the van as my daily drive and use my car as PX, which then means I don't have the added expense of keeping an additional vehicle on the road. I had a good conversation with someone who went trailer/hotel to van, then back to trailer (though larger and with occasional bed and heater). Its what works for you as an individual and where your priorities lie, as there are pros and cons for each option.
You can obviously just use the car if it's large enough and stay in a hotel, but you'll only be able to carry one passenger and it'll be left exposed and in view in the back at night so not an option for me personally.

Reactions: Claudia.Bushby_23

Claudia.Bushby_23

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
5/1/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Claudia Bushby
Skill Level
Novice
Class
Ok Junior
Chassis
Kosmic
Team
Kato Motorsport
Instagram
View
Thank you! My dad and I did my first race meet at Whilton. We have a big range rover and we put the kart in the boot since the boot is quite big and we stayed in a local hotel and we found it a bit expensive and thought there might be a better cost effective way to travel around.

Last edited:

Partners & Trade Booth

2021 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More

Drivers Online

Championship Standings

Threads
Registered Drivers
Latest Driver
ArtemiyIlin