We have senior mechanic positions available at Daytona Sandown Park and Daytona Milton Keynes.
GROUP HEAD OF ENGINEERINGDEPARTMENT: ENGINEERING
LOCATION: Daytona Sandown Park (Surrey) with travel to Group Venues
REPORTING TO: CEO
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Overall responsibility of Management, purchase and maintenance of group engineering function and supply of appropriate and effective kart fleets to group. Manage and monitor group engineering teams.
MANAGEMENT OF GROUP ENGINEERING FUNCTION
- Sourcing and provision of group kart requirement
- Maintenance of group kart fleets
- Liaison with group kart suppliers
- Planning and maintenance of group engineering function
- Management of recruitment of venue engineering teams in liaison with HR
- Determining group engineering budgets
- Management of kart service function in line with budgets
- Management and provision and distribution of group kart spares
- Sourcing and maintaining group kart equipment.
- Review engineering spend for each venue monthly for group
- Responsibility for group engineering Health & Safety function.
- Carry out Risk Assessments regularly for all engineering departments and establish any further requirements/training needs
- Responsible for all maintenance paperwork and records
- Carry out research on system or programs which detects / makes daily checks on karts and keeps accurate records.
- Future (kart) product development.
- Publish weekly rota and ensure GM’s and HoEng /CRG and DSL to be informed of visits to each venue and what work will be undertaken during visits.
- Stock take to be carried out throughout group monthly. Stock In/Out process to be set in place throughout group.
- Manage and oversee performance of Engineering teams.
- Train Engineering Managers in all management processes and work with HR in planning and execution including setting SMART objectives.
- Deliver mechanical training to new recruits and existing team members as required.
- Develop an approved supplier list with costs and lead times.
- Develop a minimum stock list for each engineering list.
- Management of track days, client events and race days.
- Moving assets and supplies between venues as necessary.
HEAD OF ENGINEERING
HOURS: Full Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Daytona Milton Keynes, MK13 8NP
SALARY: £Competitive and commensurate with experience
Daytona Milton Keynes are currently looking to enhance the Engineering Team and require a full-time, flexible Head of Department for our 7-day operational business.
As the Head of the Engineering Department at the busiest kart racing circuit in the UK, you will be responsible for managing the team to ensure they maintain the venue’s kart fleets to Daytona Motorsports very high standards.
A positive attitude, structure and a motivational approach to the team are both key to delivering in this important role. This position will report directly to the GM.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Mechanical experience along with a thorough understanding of engineering principles.
- Superior knowledge and experience of kart preparation and maintenance.
- Demonstrable prior experience of working with budgets and forecasting
- An understanding of statutory requirements with regards to Health and Safety.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, internet & e-mail.
- Confidence in communicating with suppliers and colleagues across Daytona Group
- Previous experience from a Supervisory or Management level in order to manage a team.
- Prior experience/knowledge of Sodikart, Birel, Biz and CRG products an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV & covering letter with salary expectation to: email@example.com quoting job ref: HOEMK21
Last edited by a moderator: