Technical Rotax jetting tutorials or guides?

• Thread starter Wells671
  • Start date

Wells671

Not Registered
Has anybody got any good Rotax jetting tutorials or guides? Ideally for senior Evo? Thankyou.

Reactions: Adam
Hi William, wecome to the forum! a touchy subject as many people have many different views. A fella done a really good jetting and card video on YouTube, we are trying to get him on board here to post content. I will find it and post it up for you in the Tutorial section, look out for a tag/mention.

I'm sure others will be along to offer advice here also. ๐Ÿ

Last edited:
Reactions: Reg44 and Wells671
Hi William, wecome to the forum! a VERY touchy subject as many people have many different views lol. A fella done a really good jetting and card video on YouTube, we are trying to get him on board here to post content. I will find it and post it up for you in the Tutorial section, look out for a tag/mention.

I'm sure others will be along to offer advice here also. ๐Ÿ

Thankyou! :D

No problem! (y)

Thankyou! :D

With Pre EVO it tended to be to jet leaner until you got the equivalent of a misfire then go one jet back
Weโ€™ve found the EVO to be much less sensitive to the conditions so find something that works for you and more importantly, the stopwatch....

With Pre EVO it tended to be to jet leaner until you got the equivalent of a misfire then go one jet back
Weโ€™ve found the EVO to be much less sensitive to the conditions so find something that works for you and more importantly, the stopwatch....

Last time I was in a seat was a Pre Evo and as you know your constantly re jetting if conditions are changing. A breath of fresh air when talking in the paddock about jetting an Evo, alot easier. How are you guys finding needle adjustment, set and forgot or still requires quite alot of adjustment?

Welcome to the forum btw @Team13Karting, thanks for getting involved. Stil a new venture here but we hope to keep evolving and get a community going. Once you have made 5 posts in the forums your premium membership will activate see the perks here.

From my perspective the difference in jetting with a Pre EVO could make or break your afternoon, whereas with EVO the needle adjustment is fine tuning. The equivalent of getting the seasoning right in your cooking. Itโ€™s ok, but sometimes you just need a bit more chilli for it to be spot on ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

From my perspective the difference in jetting with a Pre EVO could make or break your afternoon, whereas with EVO the needle adjustment is fine tuning. The equivalent of getting the seasoning right in your cooking. Itโ€™s ok, but sometimes you just need a bit more chilli for it to be spot on ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Looking forward to an Evo setup in 2020 from all the feedback I have gotten. Seems like a real improvement!

Looking forward to an Evo setup in 2020 from all the feedback I have gotten. Seems like a real improvement!
I would have said a few years ago that a really good pre EVO that was really well set up could keep up with a pre EVO. It was just that it was easier to get the EVO in the ballpark quicker.

With the new CNC barrels coming in and everything a lot more โ€œevenโ€ itโ€™s probably not as true these days but you can still make a decent pre EVO fly with an upgrade kit

Media Partners

(Selected at random)

Latest Trade Promotions