Kitey
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Rotax Max
Chassis
Alonso OTK
Hi all

can someone tell me what float height should be used for an evo carb? Good to hear people’s experience in adjusting this also. Thanks

Reactions: Adam
Get yourself one of these!

That way you know the float height is legal. To be measured without the gasket on the carb! Tbf from the factory my float height was set very lean and not within the gauge or legal limits. I was having issues out the slower bends. Once I got the gauge and set it right bang in the middle of the gauge it's been sweet since.

;) (y)

Make sure to bend the bit shown below and not the individual arms.

20200813_171003.jpg

Great advice thanks. I have a set of digital callipers here, and I’ve also typically used the power republic method of using a drill bit to measure the gap. My Prevo carb was set at 3mm but was curious to hear what the standard set up should be for the evo? Thanks

If I remember I set mine to 3mm too, which is nearly bang on the center of that gauge tool. I don't think you can go too far wrong with that as a general setting. I havn't messed around with it since I changed and checked it tbh, as it solved my issue with bogging out the bends making it a bit richer than it was set. And yes you are correct you can use a drill bit or an allen guy to set the height too.

Tbh you won't go far wrong with Power Republics videos, I find them so helpful myself also as a reference.

The EVO setup is a lot more forgiving than the Pre EVO setup. Once you got things setup you'll find you won't need to mess with things too much. Needle height and jet on the day once or twice. Other than that a clean carb is a happy carb 😁

Reactions: Alonslow
Superstar, thanks a lot. Checked mine yesterday, set at 3.5mm. The rotax app seems to state this as baseline, and I’m not getting issues so keeping it the same. Just wanted to know where I was at before changing things. Thanks for the input

Reactions: Adam
No worries! 😁 (y) 🏁

Just bear in mind the Rotax app is a guide at best. You'll find it will tell you to jet really rich compared to what you can jet down to.

The Jet Labs app is better in my opinion. I usally get 1 jet leaner than what the Jet Lab app says.

Media Partners

(Selected at random)