Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Myself and @Billywatts was having a bit of a debate on the weekend about rear track width. With the help of @Kart Directory UK here is the apparent answer.

It come to my attention on the day that the rear wheels cannot be inside the rear side pods? Which of course becomes an issue when you want to run a wet setup and have the rears in as far as possible. So below is the apparent spec, anybody got any input?

16.5.No part of the kart can protrude outside the quadrilateral formed by the front fairing, rear bumper and outerface of the wheels and tyres, nor be higher than 65cm from theground (except for a structure solely designed as a head-rest)

So in theory the outside edge of the rear wheels HAVE to be either inline or beyond the boundry of the side pods at all times?

Also it seems the officials were checking wet tyre depth after the race, I didn't even know there was a wear limit?! But then found this Billy...notice it says race START, too.

16.9.4.To qualify as a wet tyre, tyres must be moulded insuch a way as to ensure that grooves are created to leave aminimum of 60% and a maximum of 85% of the total surfacearea as a raised tread pattern. The grooves must have aminimum depth of 2mm at race start.

Year books are here. These were taken from the Blue Book.

Reactions: Billywatts
Main thing is wheels must not exceed rear bumper... afew yrs back win lost a win due to a hub moving and was disqualified.
We run a more narrow rear bumper now.

Reactions: Adam
Main thing is wheels must not exceed rear bumper... afew yrs back win lost a win due to a hub moving and was disqualified.
We run a more narrow rear bumper now.
Thanks for the reply Chris! As in the wheels must not be inside of the rear bumper ends?

I heard people run shorter rear side pod bars too?!

Yes ppl do...we have in the past..dont feel we needed to though... run a shorter rear bumper.
Also try softer axle.

Reactions: Adam
Yes ppl do...we have in the past..dont feel we needed to though... run a shorter rear bumper.
Also try softer axle.
Will keep it in mind Chris, cheers ;)(y)

Media Partners

(Selected at random)

Latest Trade Promotions