General Racing

• FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
    • Donate to help KartingForum.co.uk! More info HERE!
    • 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk Members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Member - it's FREE!

smurth1984

Community Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/1/22
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Nick
Hi My son is ready and wants to start entering races, bow do i go about this as what is best to enter him in to?
He is 9yrs and has a synergy 2020 gx160spm.
Kart is all up to regs we are based in Peterborough any help and a push in the right direction please πŸ‘

Wolemid

Community Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
πŸ˜‡ Karting Guardian πŸ˜‡
Registered Member
Driver Joined
17/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Dimmers
Skill Level
Professional
Young Driver
Elliot
Young Driver Class
Honda
Hi My son is ready and wants to start entering races, bow do i go about this as what is best to enter him in to?
He is 9yrs and has a synergy 2020 gx160spm.
Kart is all up to regs we are based in Peterborough any help and a push in the right direction please πŸ‘
Hi.

First of all you have 2 options. Either official races via MSUK or non official races via IKR.

Both have their pluses and downsides no matter what anyone tells you. If you want to race MSUK you need to get a race licence for your son which is a simple test (same test as the 6year olds in bambino do). Once you have got that he can race on official MSUK weekends.

If you want to go the IKR route, you don’t need a licence and you can just turn up and race anywhere which hosts a IKR event.

As you are Peterbourgh I would suggest heading down to either Kimbolton for your MSUK racing or Rye House for your IKR racing

Reactions: Adam

smurth1984

Community Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/1/22
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Nick
Hi.

First of all you have 2 options. Either official races via MSUK or non official races via IKR.

Both have their pluses and downsides no matter what anyone tells you. If you want to race MSUK you need to get a race licence for your son which is a simple test (same test as the 6year olds in bambino do). Once you have got that he can race on official MSUK weekends.

If you want to go the IKR route, you don’t need a licence and you can just turn up and race anywhere which hosts a IKR event.

As you are Peterbourgh I would suggest heading down to either Kimbolton for your MSUK racing or Rye House for your IKR racing
Thanks for your reply.

smurth1984

Community Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/1/22
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Nick
Also does anyone know if there is any local club meetings available

LE#99

Community Rookie πŸŽ–οΈπŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 & Rotax Senior
Engine
Ssport Iame X30
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
Hi
We are local to you and if you've never raced before I'd suggest...
Next weekend is Tattershall kart club race weekend. Its IKR grass roots and relaxed. Its cost effective and a good introduction to racing.
It's about an hour and a bit from you.

Then the next step up would be Fulbeck or Club2000. Fulbeck is again an hour and a bit from you and they have the sprint weekend on the 3rd weekend of thr month.
Club2000 is held at red Lodge on the 1st Saturday of thr month.
Nearest track is Kimbolton HKRC but that's MSUK racing and a higher level.
I'd definitely advise to work your way up the ladder, gain confidence, learn racecraft and move up when you have the experience.
you can of course do your ARKS test, get your msuk licence and jump in at the deep end and do MSUK from the start if you want but imho unless your driver is exceptional or you have a bottomless wallet I don't see the point.

I'm up at Tattershall next Saturday with a couple of drivers next weekend and a guy called Alan Hoyle would be my go to guy for starting racing if you want to run with someone to start with.

Any questions just dm me and ask

smurth1984

Community Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/1/22
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Nick
Hi
We are local to you and if you've never raced before I'd suggest...
Next weekend is Tattershall kart club race weekend. Its IKR grass roots and relaxed. Its cost effective and a good introduction to racing.
It's about an hour and a bit from you.

Then the next step up would be Fulbeck or Club2000. Fulbeck is again an hour and a bit from you and they have the sprint weekend on the 3rd weekend of thr month.
Club2000 is held at red Lodge on the 1st Saturday of thr month.
Nearest track is Kimbolton HKRC but that's MSUK racing and a higher level.
I'd definitely advise to work your way up the ladder, gain confidence, learn racecraft and move up when you have the experience.
you can of course do your ARKS test, get your msuk licence and jump in at the deep end and do MSUK from the start if you want but imho unless your driver is exceptional or you have a bottomless wallet I don't see the point.

I'm up at Tattershall next Saturday with a couple of drivers next weekend and a guy called Alan Hoyle would be my go to guy for starting racing if you want to run with someone to start with.

Any questions just dm me and ask
Hi
We come and practice alot at tattershall mostly 2 Sundays a month.
What is the process of the race weekend?

LE#99

🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 & Rotax Senior
Engine
Ssport Iame X30
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
Hi
We come and practice alot at tattershall mostly 2 Sundays a month.
What is the process of the race weekend?
Not sure, not been there for years but I'd think you can just sign on there or online at their website.
Testing Saturday, racing Sunday.

If you've tested there then it makes sense to go next weekend, test on the Saturday and sign on for the race day when you're there maybe.
Drop Pete a line he will know

They may have the race regs on their Website but maybe nit, it's to msa refs apparently

smurth1984

Community Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/1/22
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Nick
Not sure, not been there for years but I'd think you can just sign on there or online at their website.
Testing Saturday, racing Sunday.

If you've tested there then it makes sense to go next weekend, test on the Saturday and sign on for the race day when you're there maybe.
Drop Pete a line he will know

They may have the race regs on their Website but maybe nit, it's to msa refs apparently
Much appreciated πŸ‘

LE#99

🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 & Rotax Senior
Engine
Ssport Iame X30
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View

LE#99

🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 & Rotax Senior
Engine
Ssport Iame X30
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
Were a few cadets out at Tattershall today and sunshine for most of the day...... I even ventured out for a few sessions to blow the cobwebs off the circuit managers X30.
Race Day tomorrow and definitely recommended for those just getting in to karting.

Reactions: Adam and smurth1984

Partners & Trade Booth

2022 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More