Experienced
Class
Raket 120
Engine
Raket 120
Chassis
OTK / Kosmic
Hi,

OTK spindle axle broken. Has anyone else experienced the same? It happened unexpectedly. There was no competition situation. No collision. I was practicing as usual on my home track. Suddenly, after a corner, the car went straight off the track. I wondered what happened. Spindle axle was totally broken. No bending or any warning signs. My car is a 2022 Kosmic Mercury RR. I find this worrying if you can't trust the OTK steering.

See attached photo.

Thanks !

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 63
Is it just one side that's broken?

Yes, just one side.

If you go on Facebook/Instagram etc, most OTK are "welded in the normal places" or subject to cracking on various parts of the chassis. You'll be lucky to find one on Marketplace that isn't...

Unfortunately, because every Team and its dog uses OTK or their variants, the majority of the clubby type grids also use them because of ease of access to 2nd hand parts/chassis etc. Maintains a healthy amount of sales for OTK as the teams replace them as soon as the paintwork is chipped and ensures that the amount of chassis on grids means that they've got a bigger chance of success.

That being said, we moved away from OTK while we were racing and were far more successful. Mad Croc and other chassis have won the NKC and champs abroad, MS Kart are getting good results, and Kart Republic have been successful at British level and abroad. So you don't NEED to be on an OTK to be quick....

Last edited:
If you go on Facebook/Instagram etc, most OTK are "welded in the normal places" or subject to cracking on various parts of the chassis. You'll be lucky to find one on Marketplace that isn't...

Unfortunately, because every Team and its dog uses OTK or their variants, the majority of the clubby type grids also use them because of ease of access to 2nd hand parts/chassis etc. Maintains a healthy amount of sales for OTK as the teams replace them as soon as the paintwork is chipped and ensures that the amount of chassis on grids means that they've got a bigger chance of success.

That being said, we moved away from OTK while we were racing and were far more successful. Mad Croc and other chassis have won the NKC and champs abroad, MS Kart are getting good results, and Kart Republic have been successful at British level and abroad. So you don't NEED to be on an OTK to be quick....
You might be partly right. As far I understand OTK brand is not the only chassis that has similar failures. It is just a fact that the amount of OTK kart is so big (most sold) that the consequence is that you face such failures more often. You just see them more often around. The fact that spare parts and karts can be easily found is one advantage.

I've not seen a stub axle arm break, could just be manufacturing anomaly I guess

Media Partners

(Selected at random)