Name
Nigel
Young Driver
Harry Cocup
Young Driver Class
Junior
What are the new groups for racing next year my son is 11/12

Do you mean classes?

There are two class in owner driver at bayford which is junior rotax (he may be slightly too young Iโ€™m not 100% sure) or Honda cadets.

Rotax is the 2 stroke class and can be more expensive.

Honda cadet is a 4 stroke class and generally (not always) has lower maintenance costs, both are big grids at bayford with a lot of talent.

Hire karts at bayford thereโ€™s the graduate and junior championships

Club 100 which is another arrive and drive championship but they are now downing a younger category, not sure on the exact age limits

There are two class in owner driver at bayford which is junior rotax (he may be slightly too young Iโ€™m not 100% sure) or Honda cadets.

Rotax is the 2 stroke class and can be more expensive.

Honda cadet is a 4 stroke class and generally (not always) has lower maintenance costs, both are big grids at bayford with a lot of talent.

Hire karts at bayford thereโ€™s the graduate and junior championships

Club 100 which is another arrive and drive championship but they are now downing a younger category, not sure on the exact age limits
Thanks Dan

No problems, hopefully someone on here with more experience in the younger classes can give you more details on costs and teams etc

My son is 11, 12 in August. He's doing Honda Cadets at Rye House for this year. We are looking to move to Junior Rotax for next year. Was considering Mini/Micro (can't remember exactly which one) Max but as it stands there isn't a grid at Rye. This year is very much learning how to drive/race, next year will be all about learning to drive Rotax. We got his Project One last year when he was 10.

As a dad, with my son right on the cusp of a class change, I would probably look towards the Rotax route. If you go Honda Cadet you'll be replacing it within 6 months. Failing that, do arrive and drive (Club 100 I think it is at Bayford)

One thing I have noticed is that the Honda Cadets are VERY competitive, regardless of the track.

At Bayford, check out Ambition Motorsport, Paul has been very helpful for us when we visited and the Project One shop were as well.

Reactions: DD2112kr
What are the new groups for racing next year my son is 11/12
Would recommend MiniMax if he is 11/12.
Great racing and good engines.
I can see that he races at Bayford Meadows in hire karts so what I would recommend is look up their race dates and have a wonder around some of the teams and privateers and have a chat with them.
The MiniMax drivers have yellow number plates with black numbers so you and your son could see what the setup might be.
A lot of teams there do hiring the kart as well which is quite cheap

My son is 11, 12 in August. He's doing Honda Cadets at Rye House for this year. We are looking to move to Junior Rotax for next year. Was considering Mini/Micro (can't remember exactly which one) Max but as it stands there isn't a grid at Rye. This year is very much learning how to drive/race, next year will be all about learning to drive Rotax. We got his Project One last year when he was 10.

As a dad, with my son right on the cusp of a class change, I would probably look towards the Rotax route. If you go Honda Cadet you'll be replacing it within 6 months. Failing that, do arrive and drive (Club 100 I think it is at Bayford)

One thing I have noticed is that the Honda Cadets are VERY competitive, regardless of the track.

At Bayford, check out Ambition Motorsport, Paul has been very helpful for us when we visited and the Project One shop were as well.
Thanks for that info ๐Ÿ‘

Mini max is not carrying on after this session I believe, hence my suggestion of junior max or Honda cadet

Reactions: mandelbug

Media Partners

(Selected at random)