Instagram
@Giib_go.rs
Website
https://www.brockleyrisemot.co.uk
Primary Sponsor
https://www.brockleyrisemot.co.uk
Photography By
Paul Babington
12 years go was the last time I sat in a Rotax as a junior.

Now 27 & alot larger than I was at 15 put me into the Senior Rotax 177. Usually coming in around the 183-185kg. Need to work some weight off for sure!

So I purchased a 2020 GMS complete chassis & engine from Dave at GMS. As it's not a very common kart I was quite concerned at 1st but definitely a nice chassis to drive & work with on the set ups.

I missed the 1st round of the BMKR, other than that I've done every round. So far scoring 91 points every round (rounds 2, 3 & 4). 2nd in all my heats & finials. On to round 5 next... 15/08/2021.

Just purchased a new engine & carb from Dan Holland Racing - Time Race Engines. Going into the 5th round of the championship I'm looking forward to seeing it perform.

Attachments

• BAB_9046.jpg
    BAB_9046.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 1,325
  • BAB_9421.jpg
    BAB_9421.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 235
  • BAB_7852.jpg
    BAB_7852.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 201
  • BAB_8273.jpg
    BAB_8273.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 20210814_150429.jpg
    20210814_150429.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 211
Great start mate, great to have you on board and getting involved ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ

It seems 177 is bring a few us out of retirement and back into Karting :giggle:

Did you manage to test today?

Great start mate, great to have you on board and getting involved ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ

It seems 177 is bring a few us out of retirement and back into Karting :giggle:

Did you manage to test today?
Yeah missed it alot, love it again now I've got back into it... no unfortunately my only day off is Sunday. I am testing Tuesday at Buckmore Park though ๐Ÿ‘

Reactions: Adam
Ohh sweet, let us know how Buckmore goes, want to get down there at some point.

See ya tomorrow! ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: Gibby
Round 5 - Bayford Meadows

Qualifying - 5th. Due to not testing with the new engine found out it didn't like the jetting that the other engine was running.

Heat 1 - 5th on the grid, great pull off from the start got up the inside of 3rd & had the door closed caused me to take a spin. After getting abit hot headed & being abit too aggressive on the kerbs killed a chain, sprocket & sprocket carrier. Finished... well I didn't... DNF

Heat 2 - Last on the grid, took a sensible start this time. Managed to work my way up to 5th, catching 4th... but then things took a turn for the worst come onto the straight & the battery died. So you can guess where I finished... yep you got it, another DNF!

Things were really not going my way ๐Ÿ˜•

The Final - Started last again... managed to work my way through the grid up to 4th, was catching 3rd lap by lap. It come to the final lap, into the 1st hairpin i was abit too far away but I took a lunge to over take for p3 but cut all my speed off & blew it. So P4 finish.

Definitely had the pace to be P3 but it didn't happen so onto the next one.
BAB_1209.jpg
BAB_0873.jpg

It really wasn't your day mate was it!? :LOL: But, you came through in the end, well done :cool:๐Ÿ’ช

We had some wicked weather for it thankfully though!

I assume you went a jet or two richer then what you was running? We was on a 125 all day.

Where's your update at @Gibby :p

Jonas Brothers Spin GIF by NBC

Reactions: Billywatts
12 years go was the last time I sat in a Rotax as a junior.

Now 27 & alot larger than I was at 15 put me into the Senior Rotax 177. Usually coming in around the 183-185kg. Need to work some weight off for sure!

So I purchased a 2020 GMS complete chassis & engine from Dave at GMS. As it's not a very common kart I was quite concerned at 1st but definitely a nice chassis to drive & work with on the set ups.

I missed the 1st round of the BMKR, other than that I've done every round. So far scoring 91 points every round (rounds 2, 3 & 4). 2nd in all my heats & finials. On to round 5 next... 15/08/2021.

Just purchased a new engine & carb from Dan Holland Racing - Time Race Engines. Going into the 5th round of the championship I'm looking forward to seeing it perform.
Good luck on your journey mate!

I made you a race day design poster, I hope you like it. I promote my motorsport graphic design services on the Forum, so if you need a graphic designer in your team or simply want a design let me know! I make all types of graphic contents as well as printed works like business cards and even sponsorship proposals!

Cheers :)

RACE DAY DESIGN.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Keys and Adam
Good luck on your journey mate!

I made you a race day design poster, I hope you like it. I promote my motorsport graphic design services on the Forum, so if you need a graphic designer in your team or simply want a design let me know! I make all types of graphic contents as well as printed works like business cards and even sponsorship proposals!

Cheers :)
That looks bloody brilliant fella ๐Ÿ‘ thanks

• Love
Reactions: Adam and Tarik
  • Haha
Reactions: Adam

Media Partners

(Selected at random)