Driver Journal Lucas Ellingham

• Everybody is welcome to some FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
  • Grab 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a member - it's FREE!
Driver Name
Lucas Ellingham
Driver Number
Team Name
Jack Dex Racing (JDR)
Facebook
@LucasEllingham
Instagram
@lucasellingham_99
Website
http://www.jackdexracing.co.uk
Photography By
Unknown
Hi & thanks for clicking on this post.
I'm 14 and started driving karts when I was 6 and since have been obsessed with racing and winning.
wmkc0918-1834.jpg

I work hard at ensuring that I and my equipment are in the best condition and I use what I have available to the best of
wmkc0918-0061.jpg
my ability to maximise my potential. To date I have won multiple championships including National Titles and will keep working to realise my goals.

Currently I race in the UK in the X30 Junior class with Jack Dex Racing and I am focusing on achieving my next goal which is to win UK & European kart series with my long-term goal being to drive professionally.

The partn
46700814_2013592788757389_3235484776307621888_n.jpg
erships I have built up over the last few years enable me to be competitive against those with a substantially higher racing budget and as such I highly value those who support me, I always give 100% and always go to win!

If anyone is interested please come and follow me on Instagram & Facebook and should you be interested in coming on-board with me and my racing please drop me a message or use the 'Contact me' section of my website.
Lucas Ellingham_7777_(web).jpg

Here's an excerpt from my CV with recent statistics

LAP RECORDS BROKEN

X30M - PF InternationalX30M - Hunts Kart Race Club (HKRC)X30M - Shenington Kart Racing Club
2018 RACE STATISTICS

EVENTS ENTERED25FINALS WON14
TOTAL RACES86TOTAL TOP 3 FINISHES63
CONSECUTIVE FINAL WINS7PODIUM TOTAL20
MEETING CLEAN SWEEP7CHAMPS / MAJOR EVENT WINS3
WORK & DEVELOPMENT

KART DEVELOPMENT DRIVING2017 Zip Vanquish & Synergy Honda Cadet karts
2018-20 MS Kart Blue Phoenix rzf29 kart
DRIVER COACHINGCadets and less experienced Junior drivers
Rookie Racing Academy driver coach
TEAM WORKWorking as mechanic in awning
Coaching Cadet & Junior drivers in the team
Thanks again for looking & hope it's been interesting.

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Thanks Adam, seems like an age since I’ve been in a kart....... had some fun today at Teesside Autodrome doing their endurance race as well......100ish laps good for stamina.

You out soon?
It's been a long wait hasn't it?! Hopefully from now on there is no more restrictions on sport etc and we can all just enjoy. I see the snaps of the pro kart! :p Good stamina training getting 100 laps in!

A few times when I was testing before lockdown the track was empty, so I was able to get 30 odd lap stints in. Great for the body and mind knowing you can push and keep consistant.

I'm out on the 9th at Bayford! Hoping to just find my feet again and get some seat time in tbh. 4 months out the seat but kept up on fitness off the track...still slowly dropping weight. Hope to get some club races in this year!

Reactions: LE#99

LE#99

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 Senior
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
Not a bad weekend WMKC for Round 1 of the 2021 senior X30 Champs
H1 P1>P1 & fastest lap
H2 P18>P5
H3 P32>P5
Final Pole to P2
Not the ideal finish to the weekend but 2nd SX30 race day so gotta keep working at it...... LGM at TVKC this weekend

WMKC Round 1

Reactions: Adam

racingdriverdirectory

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
29/4/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Tom
Skill Level
Amateur
Website
View
Hi & thanks for clicking on this post.
I'm 14 and started driving karts when I was 6 and since have been obsessed with racing and winning.
View attachment 48

I work hard at ensuring that I and my equipment are in the best condition and I use what I have available to the best of View attachment 49my ability to maximise my potential. To date I have won multiple championships including National Titles and will keep working to realise my goals.

Currently I race in the UK in the X30 Junior class with Jack Dex Racing and I am focusing on achieving my next goal which is to win UK & European kart series with my long-term goal being to drive professionally.

The partnView attachment 50erships I have built up over the last few years enable me to be competitive against those with a substantially higher racing budget and as such I highly value those who support me, I always give 100% and always go to win!

If anyone is interested please come and follow me on Instagram & Facebook and should you be interested in coming on-board with me and my racing please drop me a message or use the 'Contact me' section of my website.View attachment 51

Here's an excerpt from my CV with recent statistics

LAP RECORDS BROKEN

X30M - PF InternationalX30M - Hunts Kart Race Club (HKRC)X30M - Shenington Kart Racing Club
2018 RACE STATISTICS

EVENTS ENTERED25FINALS WON14
TOTAL RACES86TOTAL TOP 3 FINISHES63
CONSECUTIVE FINAL WINS7PODIUM TOTAL20
MEETING CLEAN SWEEP7CHAMPS / MAJOR EVENT WINS3
WORK & DEVELOPMENT

KART DEVELOPMENT DRIVING2017 Zip Vanquish & Synergy Honda Cadet karts
2018-20 MS Kart Blue Phoenix rzf29 kart
DRIVER COACHINGCadets and less experienced Junior drivers
Rookie Racing Academy driver coach
TEAM WORKWorking as mechanic in awning
Coaching Cadet & Junior drivers in the team
Thanks again for looking & hope it's been interesting.
That's some good stats. I wish you well in your career

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Not a bad weekend WMKC for Round 1 of the 2021 senior X30 Champs
H1 P1>P1 & fastest lap
H2 P18>P5
H3 P32>P5
Final Pole to P2
Not the ideal finish to the weekend but 2nd SX30 race day so gotta keep working at it...... LGM at TVKC this weekend

WMKC Round 1
Wicked stuff as always! :cool: (y)

LE#99

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 Senior
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View

Strong Weekend at WKMC​

The first full race weekend of 2021 and it was in Daventry at Whilton Mill Kart Club.
af130d_16ea20b10f0d447cb73ab5392f5e9ab0~mv2.webp

Testing on Saturday went well, with the exception of my onboard camera going overboard but luckily the marshal found it for me so that was the first result of the weekend...lol.

Anyway, things were looking good being there or thereabouts even though we ran into some issues in the afternoon sessions so I felt good about Sunday.

Race-day and I'm really looking forward to this and thought I'd treat Jack Dex by accompanying him on one of his track walks, which I know made his weekend 🤪

I've got to say a big thanks to Spike of Ssport Engines who went above and beyond on Saturday night to ensure one of my engines was at it's peak and Sunday he arrived early with it and a big grin.

So, random heats and I would start;
Heat 1 in Pole Position
Heat 2 in P18
Heat 3 in P32

It was time to make hay starting at the front and as I walked down the pitlane I noticed that over
af130d_17baa4dafd6f42d981fcb7e963eb412e~mv2.webp

half the grid had scrubbed in their slicks and wondered how long it would take for me to get mine on. We roll round for the sighting lap and we go, I lead into turn 1 and get my head down to the long run up hill to Christmas Corner....as I approach it I look behind and see I have a gap so no need to defend. I keep pushing and the gap continues to open so I don't look back and just concentrate on doing my job.
As I come round the last corner the digi-board shows the 'last lap' message and I take a look, no one to be seen....happy days. I slow down a tad and take the flag in P1...... good start to the weekend.
af130d_9f963b2e71cd4cf79001ad2766d7e8ca~mv2.webp

Heat 2 is going to be harder but I still need to do well as the 3rd Heat I'm right at the back. The lights go and there's the usual mellee in the mid-pack so I try and make my way around it as best as possible and this is the story of the race, bridge the gap, go in and on to the next one. By the time the chequered flag shows I've managed to get up to P5.... result, really happy, 13 places made up.

Heat 3 and I'm right at the back bar the novices so it's same game plan again except my main competition for the Pole position start in the final happens to be a couple of rows ahead. I've got the upper hand though as I've accrued more points and so long as I finish within 4 places of him I should grab the holeshot.
The lights go out and we go, there's a lot of bunching in the first few corners so I find a route through and after the first 3 or 4 minutes I'm through the midfield and it gets harder. The drivers at the front now are better than some and they have stretched the gaps so I just push unit I get to the next one, go in, then push again.
af130d_cf53decc6a704bbfba3550a5a00bb1b4~mv2.webp

The last lap board comes out and there's a driver 4 or 5 kart lengths ahead, it's all about the points so I keep going and as we go into the last complex of corners he goes defensive so I take a wide line to try and get the run on him down to the last corner.
I'm just about to try something when he runs wide on the 2nd part of the corner so I pop it up the inside and finish P6, which after penalties was P5..27 place gain ;)

Now we are at the final and as hoped I'd secured Pole position and was surprised to see a driver on P2 that I used to race in Junior X30 and my main competition was behind me in P5. I roll round for the start and lead into the first few corners but the pack is very close, coming down the hill the driver in P2 is forced to go defensive by the pack behind and it offers me an opportunity to start to make a break.
file.jpg

file.jpg

So we are about half way through the race and I'm holding the gap but then the main threat managed to get through to P2 and clean air so I just tried to keep putting in consistent fast laps to maintain the gap....... there was a problem...... the P2 driver was bloody ballistic and he was slowly bridging the gap and within 3 laps had caught me, as he goes by I debate going straight back in but think I'll follow for a couple of corners to see where he's stronger......bit of a mistake that as it soon became clear that the answer was everywhere lol and he began to pull a little gap.
af130d_61fc480c309340db8b230f1eda50fb5c~mv2.webp

I had pushed the tyres very hard and thought the only way I'd catch him was to see if they will come back to me if I back it off slightly so for a few laps I tried to smooth things out and give them a breather... I'm running out of time so start to push again with only 3 laps left.
I'm very slowly gaining on him but every time we get to sector 2 he stretches the gap again and that would be the story for the final laps, I pushed, closed in in sector 1 & 3 but he managed the lead in sector 2 so I ended up taking P2 at the flag.

Very frustrating but I'm learning fast and am only improving every time out and nice to find that I've got the pace still since moving up to race with the 'big guns'.

Well done to Sam, deserved win and next weekend we are at Rounds 1 & 2 of the 2021 LGM Championship at PF International.
af130d_11bb14f4a4ea47bd88036dfc9f1e9b72~mv2.webp

Big thanks to all the team that help me and enable me to get on track including;
JDR
Jack Dex
MS Kart
Ssport Engines
ARC AV & IT Solutions Limited

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Great read! Onwards and upwards @LE#99 !

Snowboarding Winter Olympics GIF by Team USA

LE#99

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 Senior
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
I will post a full update later but it was the LGM Champs Rounds 1 & 2 last weekend and I had a fantastic start....
Round 1
Bit messy in TQ finishing P6
Heat 1 P6 > P1
Heat 2 P6 > P2
Final Pole > WIN!

TVKC R1 Win 1.jpg

Round 2
3 Heats & Final
Heat 1 P4 > P3
Heat 2 P18 > P12
Heat 3 P22 > P6
Final P6 > P12 (got spun around at turn 1 to Last & had to come back through)
Bit of an average day unfortunately but still left in P4 of the championship (I think) with many experienced drivers in the running, which has got to make it a positive weekend.

I'd like to thank my team JDR, Jack Dex for always supporting me, Steven White for a superb job on the tools, MS Kart for the great chassis, Ssport Engines for the top level power, Raptor Racewear for the Team & Racewear and ARC AV & IT Solutions for backing me.

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Well done fella! Good weekend racing that :giggle: (y)

Partners & Trade Booth

2021 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More

Drivers Online

Championship Standings

Threads
Registered Drivers
Latest Driver
Rhys tomo