Feedback Karting Myths

KartingForum.co.uk - Founded Late 2019
Join our Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Registered Member!
Register - FREE! - Login

Paul Inglesfield

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
5/7/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Paul Inglesfield
Skill Level
Novice
Class
Junior
Chassis
Kosmic
Team
Alpha Sura
Young Driver
Leo Inglesfield
Young Driver Class
Junior
Instagram
View
Hi, i think the forum could benefit from a 'Karting Myths' section. Reason being, 18 months ago when we were starting out, I was given some information by a Kart Republic representative down at my local track that I now know not to be 100% accurate (or at least misleading to a newcomer). I was told that if i didn't have certain (2017 onwards) chassis' with particular parts then we needn't bother, as we'd never get replacement parts further down the line!!!
I know if you want to compete at the front you need the best of the best, but when starting out as a father/son combo im finding some of the info I received in the beginning to be somewhat unhelpful. The Kart Republic rep did find me a kart to buy, but he's essentially cost me over £2000 on a Kart that had no local class to compete in!! Ive since rebuilt that Kart and fitted a Rotax FR125 to compete in a Junior class (fingers crossed). I feel the Kart Republic guy just wanted rid of an old Kart, and perhaps exploited my inexperience? Who knows??

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Welcome to KartingForum.co.uk!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Hi, i think the forum could benefit from a 'Karting Myths' section. Reason being, 18 months ago when we were starting out, I was given some information by a Kart Republic representative down at my local track that I now know not to be 100% accurate (or at least misleading to a newcomer). I was told that if i didn't have certain (2017 onwards) chassis' with particular parts then we needn't bother, as we'd never get replacement parts further down the line!!!
I know if you want to compete at the front you need the best of the best, but when starting out as a father/son combo im finding some of the info I received in the beginning to be somewhat unhelpful. The Kart Republic rep did find me a kart to buy, but he's essentially cost me over £2000 on a Kart that had no local class to compete in!! Ive since rebuilt that Kart and fitted a Rotax FR125 to compete in a Junior class (fingers crossed). I feel the Kart Republic guy just wanted rid of an old Kart, and perhaps exploited my inexperience? Who knows??
Thanks for the suggestion and getting involved! I'll take it on board for future updates.

You'll find the Karting community is very helpful in general. I would suggest if you are un sure of anything in the future, just fire away with some questions on here or locally and get some advice. Plenty of people always willing to help and advise where needed.

Glad you got things sorted in the end, all be it with some added expense it seems. :) 🏁 (y)