🏁 Founding Member 🏁
📝Registered Member📝
Driver Joined
14/8/22
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Nick
Hi all, my lad is in the Teamsport academy. He’s doing ok, but a little disappointed by the new slower Cadet karts.

He’s in the Bikc and looking sound for a qualification in Notts and Trafford.

His dream is to race ourside. Frizington is about an hr or so away,

What do I need to know? He’s 9.5 yrs old.

That looks like cadet kart territory? Are all cadets able to race against each other?

Frizington means Rowrah and Cumbria kart racing club. The finest track and club in the land ( used to be anyway)
They are racing today. 14 aug 2022.
Outdoor racing is complicated. First there are two organising setups. MSUK and IKR. Rowrah seem to run both.
As you say at 9-12 he will run in a cadet class.
Two cadet classes in Uk. Honda cadet running Honda gx160 or sealed gx200 4 stroke engines.
IAME cadet with a 60cc 2 stroke gazelle engine.
There is also minimax running a restricted version of the Rotax max 125cc 2 stroke engine.
As I said, complicated! Best bet is to take a trip to Rowrah and if you fancy it (who wouldn't) find out from them what classes are available etc.get a kart and go!

Reactions: Adam
Sealed 200’s? Is that to control cost? Vs built 160’s? We want something plentiful that you don’t have buy your way up the grid in.

Sealed 200’s? Is that to control cost? Vs built 160’s? We want something plentiful that you don’t have buy your way up the grid in.
Yes . The engines are supplied and sealed by RPM engines and are intended to be equal rather than ultimate performance. 'Fast' gx 160 engines fetch ridiculous amounts of money even by karting standards.

Reactions: Adam

Media Partners

(Selected at random)