Driver Journal James Tomsett

Driver Name
James Tomsett
Driver Number
Team Name
GMS Motorsport
Sponsorship Request
  1. I'm looking for sponsorship, please contact me!
Photography By
Paul Babington
2018 junior subaru champion
2018 BMKR driver of the year
2020 25th in the British championship in senior rotax(first attempt)
Bayford meadows junior subaru lap record 50.3
Bayford meadows senior rotax lap record (maxxis sports) 45.88
Drives for GMS Motorsport

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1626761432978.jpg
    FB_IMG_1626761432978.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Screenshot_20210720-150630_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-150630_One UI Home.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 231
Bayford Rd 5... had a tyre disadvantage as there were afew on fresher or new tyre..
30 on the grid.
Q P3
heat 1 P3
Heat 2 P1
Final P2 (nearly won)
Now leads championship
R6 😜

Good drive lads, well done! Top of the table with 3 rounds left ay!? I still didn't get the chance to pop in and say hello. We was over on the grass, rrriiiight round the other side.

R6 😜

Good drive lads, well done! Top of the table with 3 rounds left ay!? I still didn't get the chance to pop in and say hello. We was over on the grass, rrriiiight round the other side.
R6... lol..loose track 🀣

Reactions: Adam
R7 of the Bayford championship was a interesting one!!
Saturday James was setting the pace with multiple 45 sec laps

Race day quali was abit of a mare with james only getting 1 clear lap and luckily that lap was pole!

Heat 1 nice easy win while trying to look after his tyres.

Heat 2 another nice win

Final the goal was to pace the tyres as they drop off so bad over 3 rds...he got a good start but P2 was pushing harder and took the lead..from there james stuck with him keeping the pressure on. It was clear the lead driver was pushing hard working there tyre hard. Last lap he then started to defend this closed the top 4 up.. james can pass on every corner of Bayford meadows and when the lead driver didn't defend the left on to the middle straight james went in.. was it a late move? Yes.. did he use all the kerb yes.. is this rotax racing yes!! Anyway the lead driver turned in despite definitely knowing he was there and there was light contact..no marks on the kart no nose cone..definitely not deliberate as I do not condone deliberate dirty driving..this sport is dangerous enough.
As result james would end up 3rd over the line lead driver 5th..and james would be given a 1 lap penalty!! Yes 46sec penalty! 5sec penalty ok fair enough.... put him 6th behind driver he made contact with yeah OK... 46s secs!! 1 lap!!
We take the postives james is the man to beat right now..and he didn't work those tyres didn't ever try to set fastest laps. I told him save tyre just do enough.
Got to love Motorsport!!

Attachments

• IMG_20211019_182846_757.jpg
    IMG_20211019_182846_757.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-20211019-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20211019-WA0005.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: Keys and Adam
Epic pace! Things seem to be getting even more competitive now the season is wrapping up, so gota put it down to racing and keep your chin up. All good experience in the tough game of Motorsport. Least you still went home with a smile I bet?

Keep it up lads!

Reactions: GPchris98
James entered the very wet buckmore park autumn cup this past weekend.
Struggling Saturday to get on the front running pace mostly due to general lack of wet running at that track.

Sunday mixed grids he would start
heat 1 P2 and finnish P6 after couple mistakes while leading.
Heat 2 P13 would finnish P9 after dropping to P16 and coming back through.
Heat 3 P20 moved up to 11th by lap 2 then tangled with a kart dropping to last again...would charge again for P9

This ment he would start final P6
Track was drying fast with alot of the front runners going slicks... we did not going for worn wets.
James would move to P2 lap 1...by lap 3 had taken the lead and checked out to a comfortable 1.7 lead and still extending when with 2 laps to go a engine bolt sheared off resulting in engine coming loose chucking chain and a gutting DNF.

Attachments

• JEastSouthChamps21_SRotax-244.jpg
    JEastSouthChamps21_SRotax-244.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Keys and Adam
Well done gents!

Unlucky with the engine bolt! Gota go some to snap one of those. Guess just wear and tear?

Well done gents!

Unlucky with the engine bolt! Gota go some to snap one of those. Guess just wear and tear?
We think so... one of those things I guess. Just a shame it had to happen 2 laps from the end of a final win!! πŸ˜…

We think so... one of those things I guess. Just a shame it had to happen 2 laps from the end of a final win!! πŸ˜…
Yep funny ol' game at times ay! Buckmore looked good, not heard a bad word about the recent meetings as of yet which is great to see/hear.

Next outing for you guys is Bayford this month I assume? I've still not seen you to say hello. Hopefully cross paths at some point.

Yep funny ol' game at times ay! Buckmore looked good, not heard a bad word about the recent meetings as of yet which is great to see/hear.

Next outing for you guys is Bayford this month I assume? I've still not seen you to say hello. Hopefully cross paths at some point.
Yes Bayford next...buckmore was alot of fun despite the awful conditions.
Yes where do you usually park up?? I'll come find you

Reactions: Adam
Great stuff! Always welcome to pass by and say hello fella! We usually park up on the grass area as we bring the kids, they like to play with the other kids so we try and park near the Bambinos. Not sure if the grass will be open next meeting though, see what the weather brings.

You guys in the GMS Awning or parked up separate?

Media Partners

(Selected at random)