πŸ“Registered MemberπŸ“
Driver Joined
28/1/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
J
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well and staying safe.

I have signed up here as I am looking for advise on a vehicle that I have.

I have used the term vehicle as I am still not sure what to determine it as. It was something that started of as a kids ride on toy and then well I messed about it with and now it's essentially a street legal electric go kart.

It has a limited slip differential on the rear axle, that has 17mm transaxle with 6mm keyways. I am well aware I can't get hubs that will fit these thing and understand why it originally came with some kind of horrible plastic tyre/hub combo. I have since had some 40mm adapters made with 8mm keyways, so that I can use 40mm hubs with a 58mm PCD. These are fine and I am currently running some Jet Wheels and have no issue. My issue is that I now have zero ground clearance, the original wheels fitted to the car roughly had a 13" diameter.

I am currently in search of a tyre and wheel combo that will fit on my 58mm pcd hubs and hopefully give me a 13/14" outer diameter, anybody got any suggestions?

Yes you probably think I'm insane with this, so here is a link to my YouTube channel showing the vehicle in question and hopefully that will paint a slightly clearer picture.

Any questions ask away and if you have any suggestions, please say.

Thank-you

J

Reactions: Adam
Hey welcome to KartingForum!

A very intertesting project you got going there :giggle:(y) I like the YouTube channel!

Well my first thought it the more narrow wheels you buy, the more ground clearance you will gain. Standard dry rims are 130mm front and 210mm rear in width. However if you go down to say a 110mm front and 150mm rear, you will up the ground clearance slightly.

Jet wheels are great, most people run them for wet setup.

Media Partners

(Selected at random)

Latest Trade Promotions