Off-Topic Hello fellow karters

• FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
    • Donate to help KartingForum.co.uk! More info HERE!
    • 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk Members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Member - it's FREE!

Sideways

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
5/12/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Fab
Skill Level
Novice
Class
Rental TwinEngine EVO
Hi All,
I am new to karting, started 1 year ago on rental Twin Engine 160 EVO and still learning the ropes of driving on the wet (first time ever for me) while absolutely loving it.

I hope to get some insight on karting, how to get better\faster, gears, new events, etc. by reading posts and interacting with you all in the forum. I am sure there will be also plenty of bunter.

Bye for now :0)

Sideways

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Karting Professional 🏅🏅
🏁 VIP Club Member 🏁
⚙ī¸ Administrator ⚙ī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Engine
Grice Racing Engines
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Welcome to the forum! :)(y)

I'm sure other members will help you out where they can. Ask away!

I see you sent us an email in regards to discount codes? You can find info below :giggle:🏁

Keys

Karting Novice 🎖ī¸
🏁 VIP Club Member 🏁
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
😇 Karting Guardian 😇
Registered Member
Driver Joined
2/1/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Key
Skill Level
Novice
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Hi! Welcome! :)

Sideways

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
5/12/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Fab
Skill Level
Novice
Class
Rental TwinEngine EVO
Welcome to the forum! :)(y)

I'm sure other members will help you out where they can. Ask away!

I see you sent us an email in regards to discount codes? You can find info below :giggle:🏁

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your reply. I probably thought I had contacted MKRacewear rather than you...still finding my way around the the website.

A couple of questions:
1. Do other members see my real name when looking at my posts or profile?
2. Is there any guideline on the forum in terms of how to progress in karting (e.g. from arrive&drive retal kind of slow 4 stroke karting to gaining skills to race at a more competitive level like ProKart or Club100, etc.)?

Cheers

Seanl

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
😇 Karting Guardian 😇
Registered Member
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
Hi there, I'm a new member too and finding my way so interested what others have to say in answer to your questions.
From what I've researched and my take on things;
1. Your name can be seen. You can change it in account settings if you like or hide certain things I believe.
2. Not that I've seen but depends on your age and skill level I suppose. I've started with a cheap kart to make it more cost effective, and be able to get as much track time as possible for my son to practice. Most circuits/teams have rental karts so you can gauge how competitive you'll be in a good kart. For now it's all about track time and if doing well, then go for a few of these team rentals to see if he's at a decent level. If so, time for ARKS test, then maybe a local championship before progressing to national.
Even 4 stroke can be VERY expensive. It's a rich persons sport, and those with the cash can afford to pay far beyond the means of the normal person for the best engines.
There are a few championships that use pool engines for all competitors though, so that helps level the playing field a bit, but I don't think these are really thought of as the "elite" level.
The wheels can fall off at any stage due to skill level as well so it's about managing expectations at this point, and just begin with having a bit of fun and trying to progress as much as possible at the same time. Best of luck. 👍

Sideways

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
5/12/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Fab
Skill Level
Novice
Class
Rental TwinEngine EVO
Hi there, I'm a new member too and finding my way so interested what others have to say in answer to your questions.
From what I've researched and my take on things;
1. Your name can be seen. You can change it in account settings if you like or hide certain things I believe.
2. Not that I've seen but depends on your age and skill level I suppose. I've started with a cheap kart to make it more cost effective, and be able to get as much track time as possible for my son to practice. Most circuits/teams have rental karts so you can gauge how competitive you'll be in a good kart. For now it's all about track time and if doing well, then go for a few of these team rentals to see if he's at a decent level. If so, time for ARKS test, then maybe a local championship before progressing to national.
Even 4 stroke can be VERY expensive. It's a rich persons sport, and those with the cash can afford to pay far beyond the means of the normal person for the best engines.
There are a few championships that use pool engines for all competitors though, so that helps level the playing field a bit, but I don't think these are really thought of as the "elite" level.
The wheels can fall off at any stage due to skill level as well so it's about managing expectations at this point, and just begin with having a bit of fun and trying to progress as much as possible at the same time. Best of luck. 👍
Hi Seanl,
Thanks for your reply.

The question of how to better driving skills is more for me really.

I am a late comer to the party, I went almost straight away into a season long championship with the nearest track, build some experience adding some Sprint mini serieses and some 2h endurance races under the belt. I have gone from the back to the middle of the pack with the one off podium here and there. All on 4-stroke rental karts. However I feel that, after one year, I have now kind of plato my progression. All good fun but I would love to get better at it.

It's not worth for me buying a kart as yet, so what's next without going into an owners' Champ? Keeping doing the same? Adding some training from ARKS? Trying some rental Rotax? Joining any specific arrive&drive champ?

Cheers

Last edited:

Seanl

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
😇 Karting Guardian 😇
Registered Member
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
Ok you're not such a novice as me then! I think most of the circuits do driver tuition and as you're already established they may be able to hone your skills with the aid of data logging, to see where you can improve by a tenth or two here and there. That may well cement you more towards the front of the grid, where it really is up to you where you go to progress further. Nationals and 2 stroke seem to be where it's really at for the top drivers, so it's about gauging levels and where you'll be competitive as time moves on.

Reactions: Sideways

Partners & Trade Booth

2021 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More

Latest Karting Classifieds