General Hello all. Newbi (Dad)

• FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
    • Donate to help KartingForum.co.uk! More info HERE!
    • 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk Members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Member - it's FREE!

Marty_D1

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
6/7/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Marty
Hello all.

I've joined I suppose prematurely (as my Son is only 3) as I'm wondering about the likes of Bambino karting etc. As mentioned he's only 3 and currently, we just drive around cones we put in car parks on his Riiroo Max drifts battery kart with a boot full of spare batteries.

My main question is if 6 and competing in bambinos, is it a friendly atmosphere of very competitive and bitchy?

I suppose it's a daft question as they're so young but just wondered if it's a friendly hobby to make friends and have fun?

He is a competitive little lad well as much as a 3-year-old can be and he'll love it I expect but it's a question that's lingered around my head the last few weeks so i thought I'd ask.

I hope you're all well and keeping safe

Regards
Marty

Reactions: Adam

zfdesign

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
😇 Karting Guardian 😇
Registered Member
Driver Joined
28/8/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Z Ivanov
Skill Level
Amateur
Chassis
Alonso
Team
G4ces
Young Driver
George Ivanov
Young Driver Class
MiniMax
This is a very good question! And it is nice to see that you are considering it from such an early age. Most places can accommodate younger drivers on a smaller track for the fun of it.

But on your question, what I think will make most difference is how you approach it. If you greet and talk to others with a smile, you'll get it back and have loads of fun!

There maybe times when competition is close and fierce, but if you have build your relationship with others on the basis of respect and friendship, should be even greater fun!

Most people are happy to chat and help, when it comes to it, and relations quickly develop.

Good luck!

Reactions: Adam

Marty_D1

Karting Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
6/7/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Marty
Great stuff.

The exact answer I was looking for.

love it.

Marty

Reactions: Adam and zfdesign

Adam

Karting Professional 🏅🏅
🏁 VIP Club Member 🏁
⚙ī¸ Administrator ⚙ī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
This is a very good question! And it is nice to see that you are considering it from such an early age. Most places can accommodate younger drivers on a smaller track for the fun of it.

But on your question, what I think will make most difference is how you approach it. If you greet and talk to others with a smile, you'll get it back and have loads of fun!

There maybe times when competition is close and fierce, but if you have build your relationship with others on the basis of respect and friendship, should be even greater fun!

Most people are happy to chat and help, when it comes to it, and relations quickly develop.

Good luck!
Exactly this! 👌 🏁

At Bayford (And I'm sure other tracks too!) you'll find most of the kids have a kick about and play etc between racing with eachother. Mums and Dads are usually all to happy to help each other out on the tools etc too. A smile and a wave here and there and a nose in somebody elses pit bay is always welcome 99% of the time.

Don't be fooled it's got a competitive nature to it also, but it's not a race unless everybody makes it out on the track and back in one piece ay? All good sportsmenship most of the time! 😁 👌

Partners & Trade Booth

2021 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More