๐Ÿ Founding Member ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ“Registered Member๐Ÿ“
Driver Joined
17/10/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Craig Brown
I'm after some advice on how best to get around the cordless heat gun situation. I've seen some 'Heat Gun' attachments that you can put onto decent battery backs for DeWalt etc, but due to not having a generator (yet) i was wondering if anyone knew of a viable solution that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, to get the marbles off the tyres after a session(s). Thank you :)

Reactions: Adam
Be careful as I'm sure I have read in the Gold Book somewhere that messing with tyres is a big no no? Whether that's pre heating/heating or removing material. I could however be wrong? So don't read too much into what I just said. Of course on test days, do as you wish!

@LE#99 might be able to clarify?

I think for what you'll pay for a battery heat gun body, battery and charger you could more than likely buy a genny and cheap gun tbf. But you can get them from screwfix etc...

I wouldnt think a battery heat gun would last long lol. Also for MSUK and most IKR I guess scraping off the tyres is illegal.
Also there's a question of whether the heat cycle from the gun does more harm that the picked up rubber.
The rubber round the edges makes no difference, id not bother tbh.

I wouldnt think a battery heat gun would last long lol. Also for MSUK and most IKR I guess scraping off the tyres is illegal.
Also there's a question of whether the heat cycle from the gun does more harm that the picked up rubber.
The rubber round the edges makes no difference, id not bother tbh.

I would assume so too tbf, thanks for clearing that up Lucas! (y) ๐Ÿ˜

Just watching F1 second practice and one of the Ferrari team was scraping off rubber with a heat gun.... Can't do too much harm, although obviously much more robust tyres.

• Haha
Reactions: LE#99
Heat guns are as mentioned above, not allowed to be used on race days. However on practise days they are allowed.

Realistically you will only ever need to use one if it is being run on a cadet, this is because the tyres are really hard and the karts are light weight so donโ€™t really come off the track very clean.

Media Partners

(Selected at random)