Check My Insta'! Doug Idle Racing

Welcome to KartingForum.co.uk
Join our new Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a registered member, it takes 2 minutes & it's FREE! See you trackside...

Find out more about membership HERE!
Driver Name
Doug Idle
Driver Number
Facebook
@dougidleracing
Instagram
@dougidleracing
Twitter
@dougidleracing
YouTube
My Channel
Website
http://www.dougidleracing.co.uk
Photography By
Simon Burchett
Hi everyone - thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Unlike a lot of other drivers who've posted, I'm not an owner driver or for that matter a young driver at the start of their racing career. Instead, I'm a 44 year old guy in Kent who races hire karts at Bayford Meadows and Buckmore Park. I'm primarily an endurance racer - the longer the better. In my early twenties I raced Senior TKM at various circuits including PFI, Clay Pigeon and Three Sisters. Now that my kids have grown up a bit I've returned to motorsports as both a competitor and a Marshall (at BMKC club meetings and at Brands Hatch).

Hire Karting obviously restricts the amount of testing I can do, as does family life so I am borrowing some skills and techniques from my day job to use data to drive improvements in my driving. I'm using my GoPro to collect data and connecting it to Harrys LapTimer app and a GPS device to collect accurate GPR, linear and lateral acceleration data as well as a couple of other measurements. Using the excellent app I can overlay all of this data onto the raw footage and with the Circuit Tools app I can compare laps and session to analyse the data.

It's only a year since I have been back competing and after taking a few sessions to get the equipment working I have it nice and reliable now and have been able to use it to find a lot of improvements in my time.

During the enforced downtime I have been running a Gran Turismo championship with other hire carters which has been great fun - not just for the competition but also the banter between us all during the week. My youtube channel is full of streams from these races and also the Karting sessions. My Instagram and Facebook feeds are fun of Karting, Corvette and Beer content. My website contains a lot of race reports and information on my data logging setup as well as other more general content.

Here I am at Buckmore Park this time last year.

_SJB4072.jpg

IMG_5343.JPG

My beloved Corvette at a wet Spa on Gran Turismo.

And a link to my most recent fastest lap around Bayford from this Sunday, the first Hire Kart session since the lockdown I believe.

I have an ambition/dream to move up to racing cars and aim to one day be a gentleman driver in either IMSA or the WEC driving a Corvette.

Thanks for reading and feel free to get in touch on any of my channels,

Cheers,
Doug

Attachments

• _SJB4072.jpg
    _SJB4072.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5343.JPG
    IMG_5343.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 31

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
J 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Hey @dougidleracing! Thanks for posting a promotion, nice little write up and some pictures!

My local track is Bayford & Buckmore. Spent many many good days down at Bayford, I hope to be out this year buy having issues sources a chassis. Hope to see you about! :cool: 🏁 (y)

Active Trade Members

Trade Promotions - View
Trade Membership - Learn More

2021 Media Partner

KartMania 2021
KartMania 2021 - Learn More

Drivers Online

Championship Standings

Threads
Registered Drivers
Latest Driver
GaryScott