General Dead-end for my professional Karting?

• FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
    • Donate to help KartingForum.co.uk! More info HERE!
    • 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk Members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Member - it's FREE!

ArtemiyIlin

Karting Newbie 🏡️
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
20/6/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Artemiy Ilin
Ok so a bit about me. I am 14 years old, British and dreaming of becoming some sort of Racing driver, this is where it gets complicated.
A while back I have been putting in a lot of great results finishing 2nd and setting best laps on arrive and drive races etc. This is where I got confident and started thinking of moving up to more professional classes like Junior Rotax karting.

Problem is, my parents are not fully supporting this idea and aren’t gear heads in the way that they would take care of my Kart and buy ALL the things needed to transport it, etc. We asked if we could rent a kart at my local track and they said that they would for a hefty price of Β£450 a day of driving.

This is where I am asking for help regarding assistance in this matter. I live, breathe and think of racing and I do not want to end up working a 9-5 job in an office. How do I persuade my parents to rent a kart/ let me racing. How do I prove to them that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Thank you in advance, Artie

Adam

Karting Professional πŸ…πŸ…
🏁 VIP Club Member 🏁
βš™οΈ Administrator βš™οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Welcome to the forum!

Well, the fact of the matter is you will more than likely be working a 9 - 5 job like most of us. However, never give up on your dreams and continue to push and want more. Follow your dreams and work hard!

Maybe offer to get a weekend or evening job to help pay for Karting?

Fact is; racing anything costs money. And unless you are very very lucky, then you need to earn money and work hard to pay for it!

Never give up! (y) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 97Lewis

Partners & Trade Booth

2021 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More