General Dead-end for my professional Karting?

• FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
    • 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk Members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Member - it's FREE!

ArtemiyIlin

Community Newbie ๐Ÿต๏ธ
๐Ÿ Founding Member ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ“Registered Member๐Ÿ“
Driver Joined
20/6/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Artemiy Ilin
Ok so a bit about me. I am 14 years old, British and dreaming of becoming some sort of Racing driver, this is where it gets complicated.
A while back I have been putting in a lot of great results finishing 2nd and setting best laps on arrive and drive races etc. This is where I got confident and started thinking of moving up to more professional classes like Junior Rotax karting.

Problem is, my parents are not fully supporting this idea and arenโ€™t gear heads in the way that they would take care of my Kart and buy ALL the things needed to transport it, etc. We asked if we could rent a kart at my local track and they said that they would for a hefty price of ยฃ450 a day of driving.

This is where I am asking for help regarding assistance in this matter. I live, breathe and think of racing and I do not want to end up working a 9-5 job in an office. How do I persuade my parents to rent a kart/ let me racing. How do I prove to them that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Thank you in advance, Artie

Adam

Community Legend ๐Ÿ†
โš™๏ธ Administrator โš™๏ธ
๐Ÿ Founding Member ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ“Registered Member๐Ÿ“
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Engine
Grice Racing Engines
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Welcome to the forum!

Well, the fact of the matter is you will more than likely be working a 9 - 5 job like most of us. However, never give up on your dreams and continue to push and want more. Follow your dreams and work hard!

Maybe offer to get a weekend or evening job to help pay for Karting?

Fact is; racing anything costs money. And unless you are very very lucky, then you need to earn money and work hard to pay for it!

Never give up! (y) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 97Lewis

Partners & Trade Booth

2022 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More