General Dad & lad novices

• Everybody is welcome to some FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
  • Grab 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a member - it's FREE!

To remove these ads please Login. Our members browse ad free!

Seanl

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
What chassis is it as different chassis use different wheeels
It's a Shark Attack - 2011 homologation. Not seen much info on them to be honest, though can't say I've researched it much aside from their website.

Thanks for the video too, I'll have a watch later this evening. 👍

LE#99

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 Senior
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
It's a Shark Attack - 2011 homologation. Not seen much info on them to be honest, though can't say I've researched it much aside from their website.

Thanks for the video too, I'll have a watch later this evening. 👍
It uses zip wheels from what I've seen
So
Zip black slicks
Zip gold wets
Zip black wets
And there are a few specials but don't worry about them

We may have some zip wheels left or there are a few sets floating about on the Facebook for sale groups.

Seanl

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
It uses zip wheels from what I've seen
So
Zip black slicks
Zip gold wets
Zip black wets
And there are a few specials but don't worry about them

We may have some zip wheels left or there are a few sets floating about on the Facebook for sale groups.
Great info thanks mate. And in typical fashion, I've just bought a set of Jet wheels for wets at lunchtime today!
The ones currently on are black aluminium solids, 110 + 150 from what I can measure with the tyres on and a steel rule. Wets I've ordered are 110 + 130 with 10 lap old tyres for £120, which seemed like a good deal to me.

When you say we? Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks

LE#99

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 Senior
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
Great info thanks mate. And in typical fashion, I've just bought a set of Jet wheels for wets at lunchtime today!
The ones currently on are black aluminium solids, 110 + 150 from what I can measure with the tyres on and a steel rule. Wets I've ordered are 110 + 130 with 10 lap old tyres for £120, which seemed like a good deal to me.

When you say we? Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks
It’s the offset as well as the width...

LE#99

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 Senior
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
Oh and have a word with the guys at Raptor Custom Racewear about suits etc, very helpful guys and top quality kit.

Seanl

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
It’s the offset as well as the width...
Yeah I understand. Couldn't find the offset of the ones fitted though so hoping these are ok! They're only for practice anyway and rears shouldn't be an issue, so unless they're really high up front and foul the stub axles it should be ok. Admittedly, it may upset the balance if they're a long way off but at his current level it shouldn't be an issue should it? The overall track width doesn't need to conform to gold book regs for cadet class either as it's only a practice kart.

LE#99

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
11/12/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Lucas
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
X30 Senior
Chassis
MS Kart
Team
Jack Dex Racing
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Website
View
I guess it’s better than nothing but you do need to get the zip wheels as karts designed to run with them don’t on Jet wheels unfortunately. I don’t know how much difference it makes to driving as I always had the zip rims with the zip and jet with the p1.

Seanl

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
Hi all, quick question. I've currently set up the kart for wet weather running, which means I've narrowed rear track width and widened at the front. Now my question relates to the front. Do you go all the way out to the nut, or are there specific spacers/washers that need to sit in between. The kart uses 17mm bearings (forgive my ignorance if this is standard across all karts), but I've had to put a 5mm spacer inbetween the nut and bearing. The reason being is that the inner edge of the spacer sits nicely on the inner race of the bearing. My concern is that if I put them all the way out to the nut, they'd sit on the whole side of the bearings and quickly destroy them. Any advice/recommendations please? Thanks.

Adam

Need help? Just ask!
Administrator
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Hi all, quick question. I've currently set up the kart for wet weather running, which means I've narrowed rear track width and widened at the front. Now my question relates to the front. Do you go all the way out to the nut, or are there specific spacers/washers that need to sit in between. The kart uses 17mm bearings (forgive my ignorance if this is standard across all karts), but I've had to put a 5mm spacer inbetween the nut and bearing. The reason being is that the inner edge of the spacer sits nicely on the inner race of the bearing. My concern is that if I put them all the way out to the nut, they'd sit on the whole side of the bearings and quickly destroy them. Any advice/recommendations please? Thanks.
I know on the OTK setup on mine you have a retaining washer for the end of the stub axle. I don't think you have hubs, as the bearings sit in the wheel?

I would however assume you need a end retaining spacer or some kind or indeed use the smaller spacer as a retaining spacer though? @LE#99 ?

Seanl

KartingForum.co.uk
Founding Member
Karting Guardian
Registered Driver
Driver Joined
13/11/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Sean L
Skill Level
Novice
Young Driver
Jacob
Young Driver Class
Cadet
I know on the OTK setup on mine you have a retaining washer for the end of the stub axle. I don't think you have hubs, as the bearings sit in the wheel?

I would however assume you need a end retaining spacer or some kind or indeed use the smaller spacer as a retaining spacer though? @LE#99 ?
Hi Adam, thanks for the reply. Correct, no hub - bearings sit in the wheel. I don't suppose you have a pic of your retaining washer in situ do you? Does the OTK use 17mm stub axles/bearings too?

Partners & Trade Booth

2021 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More

Drivers Online

Championship Standings

Threads
Registered Drivers
Latest Driver
ArtemiyIlin