General Buckmore Park reopening for owner drivers, who's coming?

Gibby

Community Novice ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ
๐Ÿ Founding Member ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ“Registered Member๐Ÿ“
Driver Joined
3/8/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Michael Gibbons
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Engine
Time Race Engines
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
Caveman Motorsport
Instagram
View
YouTube
View
Anyone else going to the reopening of buckmore park owner drivers?

I'm really looking forward to it ๐Ÿ‘

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1628023759758.jpg
    FB_IMG_1628023759758.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: Adam and Billywatts
I see that @F100 / Jay (Hint hint Jay, get posting) and team have got owners drivers back on track, great stuff!

I have never driven at Buckmore, so very keen to get a test day in there this year at least for sure!

Any track time on the Maxxis Greens @Gibby ? much different to the Sports?

I see that @F100 / Jay (Hint hint Jay, get posting) and team have got owners drivers back on track, great stuff!

I have never driven at Buckmore, so very keen to get a test day in there this year at least for sure!

Any track time on the Maxxis Greens @Gibby ? much different to the Sports?
Nope not used green before I've ordered 2 sets 1 to test on 1 to race on

Reactions: Adam
WooHooo!!! Finally managed to log in!!!
Had a proper grandad moment with user and passwords etc. All sorted now.

OK Drivers!!! Hereโ€™s the low downโ€ฆ.

Tuesday 17th August 10 to 4 - Open Practice.
The โ€˜Buckmore's Backโ€™ test day - All Senior, Junior, Cadet and Classic Classes.

FRI/SAT/SUN/ - 27/28/29 August - The Buckmore Summer Cup. MSUK Gold Book classes plus a guesting will be R4 of the F100 90โ€™s Tour and FP4

Iโ€™ll get some attachments and posters up
Later when home from work. Thanks for your interest.

Reactions: Adam and Gibby
Nope not used green before I've ordered 2 sets 1 to test on 1 to race on
Let us know your findings! Be interesting to see how they compare to the sports. Not even sure if they are harder or softer?
WooHooo!!! Finally managed to log in!!!
Had a proper grandad moment with user and passwords etc. All sorted now.

OK Drivers!!! Hereโ€™s the low downโ€ฆ.

Tuesday 17th August 10 to 4 - Open Practice.
The โ€˜Buckmore's Backโ€™ test day - All Senior, Junior, Cadet and Classic Classes.

FRI/SAT/SUN/ - 27/28/29 August - The Buckmore Summer Cup. MSUK Gold Book classes plus a guesting will be R4 of the F100 90โ€™s Tour and FP4

Iโ€™ll get some attachments and posters up
Later when home from work. Thanks for your interest.
Great stuff Jay! Welcome back :giggle: (y)

Greens softer than the sport. Closer to Mojos. Different construction with a thicker tread. Maxxis Greens are proper race tyre. Fast and very consistent. I canโ€™t wait for you to try them.

Last edited:
Greens softer than a sport. Different construction with a thicker tread. Maxxis Green are proper race tyre. Fast and very consistent. I canโ€™t wait for you to try them.
Ahh good to know! Is there any tyre restrictions at all Jay? X amount per season or even meeting?

When finances and time allows I will be down for a test and/or meeting at some point Jay, always missed out on driving at Buckmore and always wanted to.

Only one set per race meeting. To be honest, the slicks are good for a few hundred laps so if they are kept away from UV light and in a stable temp, they will be good enough two to hree race meetings.

Reactions: Adam
Great to know Jay, thanks for the info! My only criticism would be people can throw money at a new set of tyres every meeting if funds allow. But then, debatable on what advantage that would give? If any...

At Bayford the Sports are restricted to 3x sets per season, works out every 3 meetings you can use a new set. Which works out around 150-180 laps per set. Seems the Sports fall off quite a bit after that, from our testing anyways. But the restriction keeps the costs down quite a lot in theory.

Any talks of a 'Kent Kart Championship' in the works? :sneaky:

Great to see the F100 growing and springing new life into a local treasured track, onwards and upwards. Well done fella! (y) :giggle:

Slightly disappointed that there's potentially 3 different tyres for 3 clubs all local to eachother... shame these clubs can't work together for the better of the sport. Also the nose cone drop system being dropped...4k worth of kit in the hands of the guy behind! All very well saying it will be policed and be run strictly..but that's after the damage is potentially done...again 3 clubs local with different rules. Shame

Reactions: Adam and Gibby

Media Partners

(Selected at random)

Latest Trade Promotions