General Bayford testing

• FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
    • Donate to help KartingForum.co.uk! More info HERE!
    • 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk Members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Member - it's FREE!

GPchris98

Karting Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
πŸ˜‡ Karting Guardian πŸ˜‡
Registered Member
Driver Joined
7/8/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Chris Tomsett
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
Senior rotax
Chassis
Tonykart
Team
GMS Motorsport
Young Driver
James Tomsett
Young Driver Class
Senior rotax
Anyone testing this coming Sunday?

Reactions: Billywatts

Adam

Karting Professional πŸ…πŸ…
🏁 VIP Club Member 🏁
βš™οΈ Administrator βš™οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Engine
Grice Racing Engines
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
I was going to, but ended up booking tomorrow in the end.

Quiet day hopefully testing tyre pressure and getting some time on our new engine.

You guys there Sunday I assume?

GPchris98

Karting Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
7/8/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Chris Tomsett
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
Senior rotax
Chassis
Tonykart
Team
GMS Motorsport
Young Driver
James Tomsett
Young Driver Class
Senior rotax
Yes we are there Sunday.
Found some old sports as the next race tyres will be at there oldest... goal is to try and stay around the late 46s on old... we have axles to try and afew other front end things james wants to try.
The final last time he felt the fronts folding in key corners that stopped him attacking for the win.

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Karting Professional πŸ…πŸ…
🏁 VIP Club Member 🏁
βš™οΈ Administrator βš™οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Engine
Grice Racing Engines
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Yes we are there Sunday.
Found some old sports as the next race tyres will be at there oldest... goal is to try and stay around the late 46s on old... we have axles to try and afew other front end things james wants to try.
The final last time he felt the fronts folding in key corners that stopped him attacking for the win.
Fair play, makes sense!

Track was very green/greasy today it seemed.

We was testing today on tyres which have/had the same amount of laps on as our race set too. Trying to experiment with tyre pressures, got loads of questions answered. Now getting to the stage where we can gauge how changing pressures ever so slightly effects what lap the tyres switch on, and make them last. So for sure in the right ball park now! I think πŸ€“πŸ€£

Next thing for us to start playing with is castor and camber. Never touched it yet! Set them to the forward default position all this time.

@Billywatts met your engine builder Dave today. Word on the street is, your engine is ready! 😎

GPchris98

Karting Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
7/8/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Chris Tomsett
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
Senior rotax
Chassis
Tonykart
Team
GMS Motorsport
Young Driver
James Tomsett
Young Driver Class
Senior rotax
I was going to, but ended up booking tomorrow in the end.

Quiet day hopefully testing tyre pressure and getting some time on our new engine.

You guys there Sunday I assume?
How was today? Productive?
Fair play, makes sense!

We was testing today on tyres which have/had the same amount of laps on as our race set too. Trying to experiment with tyre pressures, got loads of questions answered. Now getting to the stage where we can gauge how changing pressures ever so slightly effects what lap the tyres switch on, and make them last. So for sure in the right ball park now! I think πŸ€“πŸ€£

Next thing for us to start playing with is castor and camber. Never touched it yet! Set them to the forward default position all this time.

@Billywatts met your engine builder Dave today. Word on the street is, your engine is ready! 😎
Tyre pressure can definitely make a difference.. james has found a pressure that works for him where they switch on within a lap and don't drop off. But his also learnt how to generate heat through technique.. rims also make a big difference bigger difference than the pressure..especially with the sports

Reactions: Adam

Billywatts

Karting Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
8/3/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Billy Watts
Skill Level
Intermediate
Class
177 senior rotax
Chassis
CRG KT1
Team
KRM / DG RACING
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
How was today? Productive?

Tyre pressure can definitely make a difference.. james has found a pressure that works for him where they switch on within a lap and don't drop off. But his also learnt how to generate heat through technique.. rims also make a big difference bigger difference than the pressure..especially with the sports
I’ve personally found a pressure that is productive so I don’t loose to much throughout a final but abit of management is needed towards the end of the race to make sure I don’t cook the tyres.

Reactions: Adam and GPchris98

Billywatts

Karting Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
8/3/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Billy Watts
Skill Level
Intermediate
Class
177 senior rotax
Chassis
CRG KT1
Team
KRM / DG RACING
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Fair play, makes sense!

Maybe running it in this Sunday and hopefully looking for a lot for power cause apparently engine was f**ked πŸ˜‚

GPchris98

Karting Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
7/8/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Chris Tomsett
Skill Level
Experienced
Class
Senior rotax
Chassis
Tonykart
Team
GMS Motorsport
Young Driver
James Tomsett
Young Driver Class
Senior rotax
I’ve personally found a pressure that is productive so I don’t loose to much throughout a final but abit of management is needed towards the end of the race to make sure I don’t cook the tyres.
Your have to come say hello... look out for the GMS driver #98 ... apparently Sunday is fully booked l..I just hope not with loads of ebay hackersπŸ˜…

Reactions: Billywatts

Billywatts

Karting Novice πŸŽ–οΈ
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
8/3/21
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Billy Watts
Skill Level
Intermediate
Class
177 senior rotax
Chassis
CRG KT1
Team
KRM / DG RACING
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Your have to come say hello... look out for the GMS driver #98 ... apparently Sunday is fully booked l..I just hope not with loads of ebay hackersπŸ˜…
Yeah for sure mate. whilst running in an engine really hope I’m not gonna get sent by some bandit with a 2006 OTK πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: Adam and GPchris98

Partners & Trade Booth

2021 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More