Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Anybody had any experience using the KartSim software? And what's the difference between the KartSim software and the rFactor addon - eSports addon £35 and the "software" £500 for the UK stuff. Apart from more tracks?

@Sam this could be another thing for you to look into; Sim racing!

@Sam this could be another thing for you to look into; Sim racing!
I actually looked into this before getting into a real kart but the prices are kind of nuts! It's actually cheaper getting your own kart and racing for real. I'm sure there must be cheaper ways of getting a decent setup so perhaps I'll look into again.

I actually looked into this before getting into a real kart but the prices are kind of nuts! It's actually cheaper getting your own kart and racing for real. I'm sure there must be cheaper ways of getting a decent setup so perhaps I'll look into again.
Other sims are really good. Apparently KartKraft is good and around £20 I think. But you'll need to build a decent PC to run it and get a wheel etc etc, not cheap.

Me and my mate have just got back into Sim Racing, good fun!

Other sims are really good. Apparently KartKraft is good and around £20 I think. But you'll need to build a decent PC to run it and get a wheel etc etc, not cheap.

Me and my mate have just got back into Sim Racing, good fun!
What do you race on currently, something like iRacing? Not gonna lie I was looking at the F1 sim seats that Playseat do and I am so tempted!

I'm thinking PC must be the way instead of console etc?

What do you race on currently, something like iRacing? Not gonna lie I was looking at the F1 sim seats that Playseat do and I am so tempted!

I'm thinking PC must be the way instead of console etc?
You can go the console route, but limited to what hardware you can use and of course games.

Been playing Live For Speed lately, it's a very old game now I used to play back in the day. Still a great sim!

Humble Bundle did a really good deal a while back and you got all these for like £12 or something silly! Currently having a mix up of a few and trying them out atm really. iRacing can get craaaazy expensive, but the rest are pretty cheap to be honest.

You can go the console route, but limited to what hardware you can use and of course games.

Been playing Live For Speed lately, it's a very old game now I used to play back in the day. Still a great sim!

Humble Bundle did a really good deal a while back and you got all these for like £12 or something silly! Currently having a mix up of a few and trying them out atm really. iRacing can get craaaazy expensive, but the rest are pretty cheap to be honest.
Nice one mate I'll take a look at those. Have you got a sim setup and if so what kind of equipment have you got? Just did a wish list shopping list and my ultimate setup comes to £5k 😬 at least no maintenance to worry about after each race 😂

Reactions: Adam
Katrsim was developed by the dad of an old teammate and once setup properly is one of the most authentic kart sim software available.
The difference between the free and paid versions are different karts and tracks...I think.

Whenever there's a sim at the track it's always kartsim.

Nice one mate I'll take a look at those. Have you got a sim setup and if so what kind of equipment have you got? Just did a wish list shopping list and my ultimate setup comes to £5k 😬 at least no maintenance to worry about after each race 😂
I got a decent spec of a PC, though a bit old now. I have always been into custom PC's and other tech stuff. But you can always pick up a console and play some sims tbf, cheaper but not as good of an experience. You'll easy do a few K on a PC for gaming. Sim wise I just have a wheel stand pro and a Thrustmaster T300 setup, pretty basic but a very good starter package. Wheel was about £350, stand £110.

From there you'll end up going direct drive wheels etc and spending £1000 minimum just on wheel, base, pedals etc. The into all the rig setups with multiple screens etc.

Katrsim was developed by the dad of an old teammate and once setup properly is one of the most authentic kart sim software available.
The difference between the free and paid versions are different karts and tracks...I think.

Whenever there's a sim at the track it's always kartsim.
Ohhh small world! From what I read KartSim was based off of the rFactor2 engine? But I just can't work out why the rFactor2 add on is like £35 and the software on the KartSim website is like £500? Few more tracks etc yeah but there has to be more too it no?

I got a decent spec of a PC, though a bit old now. I have always been into custom PC's and other tech stuff. But you can always pick up a console and play some sims tbf, cheaper but not as good of an experience. You'll easy do a few K on a PC for gaming. Sim wise I just have a wheel stand pro and a Thrustmaster T300 setup, pretty basic but a very good starter package. Wheel was about £350, stand £110.

From there you'll end up going direct drive wheels etc and spending £1000 minimum just on wheel, base, pedals etc. The into all the rig setups with multiple screens etc.

Ohhh small world! From what I read KartSim was based off of the rFactor2 engine? But I just can't work out why the rFactor2 add on is like £35 and the software on the KartSim website is like £500? Few more tracks etc yeah but there has to be more too it no?
Kartsim was developed and sold as a product. Then it was out on RF2 to get exposure and expand the market I guess.

Definitely more kart options (classes etc) and tracks on the full version.

No point getting it unless you are going to use a proper sim rig imho. Just use one of the other ones as you won't benefit from it.

Media Partners

(Selected at random)

Latest Trade Promotions