Off-Topic Anybody tried KartSim?

• FREE KartingForum.co.uk Stickers! More info HERE!
    • Donate to help KartingForum.co.uk! More info HERE!
    • 10% OFF or FREE shipping at MK Racewear for KartingForum.co.uk Members. See Trade Promotions HERE!
Welcome Guest!

Join our friendly Karting community and unlock all the benefits of being a Member - it's FREE!

MAW73

Community Newbie đŸĩī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
😇 Karting Guardian 😇
Registered Member
Driver Joined
22/6/20
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
Martin
Skill Level
Experienced
We tested Kart Sim when they were over at Clay Pigeon Raceway last summer doing demos.

I was quite impressed with it. My son jumped straight on it and was pretty much upto speed straight away which I found interesting. The same with other experienced drivers I saw jump straight on the sim throughout the day. To me that' is probably testiment to how good kart sim is. Its not going to give you that seat of your pants feel I guess. Probably good for learning new tracks if you are doing something like the UKC or BKC.

I do keep toying with the idea of buying the full version. I need a new PC however he already has a decent fantatc sim set up which we can utilise.

I will try and dig out the video I have of him using the sim at Clay Pigeon and post it on here.

Edit here it is:

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam

Adam

Community Legend 🏆
⚙ī¸ Administrator ⚙ī¸
🌟 Founding Member 🌟
Registered Member
Driver Joined
28/11/19
Reaction Score
Trophies Awarded
Name
James 'Adam' Pell
Skill Level
Amateur
Class
Senior Rotax 177
Engine
Grice Racing Engines
Chassis
Tony Kart 401R
Team
J. A. Pell & Son Motorsport
Facebook
View
Instagram
View
Website
View
Kartsim was developed and sold as a product. Then it was out on RF2 to get exposure and expand the market I guess.

Definitely more kart options (classes etc) and tracks on the full version.

No point getting it unless you are going to use a proper sim rig imho. Just use one of the other ones as you won't benefit from it.
Ahh got ya! I didn't realise it was standalone first. I guess like you say, rFactor version must just be a taster version.

We tested Kart Sim when they were over at Clay Pigeon Raceway last summer doing demos.

I was quite impressed with it. My son jumped straight on it and was pretty much upto speed straight away which I found interesting. The same with other experienced drivers I saw jump straight on the sim throughout the day. To me that' is probably testiment to how good kart sim is. Its not going to give you that seat of your pants feel I guess. Probably good for learning new tracks if you are doing something like the UKC or BKC.

I do keep toying with the idea of buying the full version. I need a new PC however he already has a decent fantatc sim set up which we can utilise.

I will try and dig out the video I have of him using the sim at Clay Pigeon and post it on here.

Edit here it is:

It does look good! I have the PC and decent sim setup, but no way the space for a proper sim rig etc. Wanted it mainly for seat time and a bit of fun, which don't really warrant the outlay for the software imo.

I wouldn't mind the RF2 version/add on for a few quid, but it's missing Bayford :cry:

Partners & Trade Booth

2022 Partners
Trade Members
(Randomly Selected)
Trade Membership - Learn More